Disclaimer

Please note that all photographs,records and descriptions remain the property of the person(s) posting them.Permission must be obtained from the relevant owner before they may be reproduced or copied.


Membership of the blog is free.To participate simply email your details to swalesbirding@gmail.com
Note: if you click on Photographs then press F11 images will become larger. Please post a max of 3 shots/day,unless the shots are of rarities.















Monday 13 October 2014

Lanceolated Warbler

A record shot from Quendale, highlight of a week on Shetland. Much nicer than the escaped Rubythroat at Levenwick. Just glad I saw the Radipole Lake, sorry I mean Osmington Mills Sibe Ruby !

8 comments:

Seymour said...

Nice tertial fringes Al otherwise of a similar quality to most of my photos!
Yes, at last you can truly add 'rubythroat to your British Isles list ending years of guilt and embarrassment over the released caged bird in Dorset......

Steve Hinton said...

I'll second that Judd! Did you bother to go for the Whites Thrush?

Alex said...

Seymour saw the White's but it was last seen the day before I got there.

Seymour said...

Why wouldn't I bother Steve? They're stunning creatures and this one was incredibly showy. If you haven't seen Hugh's video, have a nose on his Shetland Wildlife Facebook page....

Steve Hinton said...

Sorry Judd my question was to to Alex.
A bogie for me having dipped 3!!

Seymour said...

Ouch! I didn't realise Steve; I thought you saw the Agnes bird in '99. I think a South Walian crew is a missing component on Shetland in the autumn and it would certainly increase your chances of seeing a White's in the UK.....

Steve Hinton said...

Missed the Agnes bird but did see the Siberian Thrush.
As for Shetland that would be a great idea, just like Scilly when we were all there together...great fun!
Cost is no.1 problem, perhaps giving Biscay a miss, though a few of us have a rather expensive foreign trip on the cards!

Seymour said...

Yeah, t'aint cheap but Alex showed this year that it doesn't have to cost a fortune.
Yes, Snow Leopards - very nice too and will trump a field-full of White's Thrushes!